Author Topic: Why Co-Production / What Evidence  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Tony Budak

• Community Labor Facilitator
  • Administrator
  • Is leadership only for heroes?
    • Time Bank Mahoning Watershed
Why Co-Production / What Evidence
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:35:32 AM »
This post is my attempt to re-visit my thoughts of December 2014 that prompted my asking you to participate in this discussion, Facilitating Co-Production. 

I believe that if we are to enlist the support of the various sectors of our communities we must be able to prove both increases and improvements in local community engagement and development. Tracking people joining in groups and teams for social justice and development will reveal the evidence or indicators. 

For example;
So again what current organizing method is rigorous enough for our purposes and study to determine evidence of collective action? I believe that the idea of Co-Production is where to focus a strategy for the future. See the following sources:
  • Ruth Dineen: Co-production enables citizens and professionals to share power and work together in equal partnership, to create opportunities for people to access support when they need it and to contribute to social change. (Or, Transformative Co-production requires state and citizens to work together as equals with the aim of sharing power and responsibility)
Please let us know of other sources?

For me I want to track or document the minimum characteristic or evidence of Co-Production.

The first important process and outcome of people coming together is the social contract the group forms. It is the understanding of group identity by and of the group, an outcome that is co-produced.

Are two individuals a co-pro group, or is it more? Does co-pro require goals and objectives? What else?

What is the very minimum bottom line indicator of Co-Production?

I believe it's very important because Co-Production is a foundation principle for the strategic development and sustainability of our future. If we can establish a simple and critical set of evidence indicators we will establish both iterative design or iterative method for social development. Let's have this conversation?

Thank you in advance for your comments and thoughts.
Cheers,
Tony

With Respect and Cheers,
Tony Budak, Site Owner and Webmaster

Please do not email or PM me for Forum/Board technical support. Instead Post Questions and Concerns Here