(http://timebankswork.net/tiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=253)Where to Start, in search of your skills, knowledge and wisdom to develop a strategy to market or advertise, the creation and branding of an Alliance or Network of Time Out Partners and venues?
Won't you please help us create a way to engage locations that will accept and honor Time Bank Credits?
Thanks in advance for your interest and participation.
- Looking for some ideas from you all, regards what topics to address to start this project?
- Do you have questions?
- Would you help clarify anything?
- Lets hear from you?
Hello Network Champions,
Our Businesses and Time Banking, webinar conference is fast approaching, Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 4 PM EST.
Please take a moment to mark your calendar and reflect on your expectations for Tuesday. You can help set the agenda and guide the conversation. Please send your replies to TonyBudak@TBMW.org to gather for your use and agenda?
- What is your one important concern or question regarding, Businesses and Time Banking?
- Do you have one knowledgeable link or one article to share with the group?
Today Bob and I ran a test webinar on Big Marker, it was not as I hoped. So please know we'll be using another webinar conference application. I do have options under investigation, I'm not worried, however if you have a suggestion for a webinar conference application let me know that as well? --
Hi Network Champions,
OK so it's academic, yet here's an objective guide to create Time Bank relations with businesses, get a coffee and read Corporate Partnerships for Non-profits, see attached. Skimming the paragraph headings will provide great take away ideas.
Some you wrote that you would not have access to the web at that our meeting time, so we'll meet meet by PHONE, just call in as directed below from wherever you happen to be. Here's how:
At about 3:55 PM est, Tuesday, February 24, 2015, dial into the conference line and when prompted enter the access code followed by the pound key.
To join the conference call:
Dial: (805) 399-1200
Access Code: 160029#
Hi Time Bank Champions,
Can't wait to hear you in our conference call later.
At about 3:55 PM est, Tuesday, February 24, 2015,
dial into the conference line and when prompted
enter the access code followed by the pound key.
Dial: (805) 399-1200
Access Code: 160029#
I received two questions to start the conversation.
Alice Bagley asks, I am wondering how to pitch the idea of Time Banking to local businesses, they way they can benefit folks in our Time Bank feels obvious, the way that members of our Time Bank can benefit them seems more difficult. Also many of the businesses I'm thinking of approaching are only 1 or 2 person shops, so when does it make sense for them to join as individuals and when does it make sense for them to join as a business.
Barbara (BJ) Andryusky asks, I am having a difficult time making the shift in my thinking that a business needs capital (in this case hours) to do business. I understand that the time bank software is a method of recording services that have already been accomplished, (we don't just "give" hours...) so if a business were to have 50 hours of service given to them - or provided to them by members in the first month, they would be -50 (in the red) until they had a way to reciprocate back to the community. So what does a business DO to reciprocate?
And I found an interesting video to share from the U.K., Let's Talk Business - Business TimeBank:
Hi Time Bank Network Champions,
If you missed the conference call, please download audio from here (http://timebankswork.net/tiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=274) If you took notes, please do share them
, no matter how un-professional, just start a new topic thread and post your notes here in this forum or email TonyBudak@TBMW.orgOr if you want to start a topic discussion, please do so,
just having more view points would be very helpful? Thanks in advance.
You expressed interest in the following;
- Abby Greer's networking with the Kent, Ohio, Crooked River Alliance of Time Banks (http://timebankswork.net/tiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=271)
- Tony Budak's No DEBT paper (http://timebankswork.net/tiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=275)
- Time Banking Tax Implications, download any of 6 files from folder here (http://timebankswork.net/tiki/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=7)
- Marie Goodwin, Timebanking and Gift Economics (http://timebankmedia.org/timebanking-and-gift-economics/)
- Edgar Cahn and Taxes
- http://timebanks.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/What-about-taxes_-Edgar-Cahn.pdf (http://timebanks.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/What-about-taxes_-Edgar-Cahn.pdf)
- http://www.accessagency.org/files/dep_menu_4.pdf (http://www.accessagency.org/files/dep_menu_4.pdf)
- Tax Exemption for Organizations That Administer Time Banks (http://www.communitycurrencieslaw.org/choice-of-entity-and-tax-exemption/)
Finally, you asked that I schedule a conference when Abby Greer can participate, well Abby does gets these emails and wrote she could not be here today for personal reasons. I hope she'll read to this point and let us know when she can be available. So look to hearing Abby's reply to set the date and time for another conference call on Businesses and Time Banks (Please keep in mind there are people on this list that are on the Pacific time zone)Please hit REPLY above to add resources or to add your comments to this topic thread.