Part 3: Sharing Ideas, Plans and Feedback with Experts

Started by Tony Budak, May 24, 2020, 01:00:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Budak

3.        The Format of the Event in Detail 

Here is the agenda for May 26, 2020 event (197 minutes = 3 hours, 17 minutes maximum).  We may appoint someone to host the event if we can quickly locate the right person.

TaskTime in MinutesRunning Time
Part I: Overview of Issues (Global media platform)
Introduction, Jonathan Feldman:
Connecting Issues

Speaker I: David Graeber

Speaker II: Hillary Wainwright

Speaker III: Dario Padovan

Discussion among panelists present 
Break
Part II: Local Meetings on One Theme (from above); Local media platform
What is our local situation related to the theme or themes we have chosen to discuss?

How do the proposals relate to our situation?

What modifications and elaborations are necessary and what proposals do we have?

Break
137 minutes
Part III: Thematic Break Out Rooms, Plus Spanish and Italian Break Out Rooms
Time = Number of Localities/60 Minutes (see example below).

Locality 1

Locality 2

Locality 3

Locality 4

Locality 5

Locality 6

Locality 7

Locality 8
197 minutes

With Respect and Cheers,
Tony Budak, Site Owner and Webmaster

Please do not email or PM me for Forum/Board technical support. Instead Post Questions and Concerns Here

Tony Budak

Table 1: To Do List
TO DO LISTDone, Not Done, In Process
Do we have a Facebook page or webpage we have shared with the Global Teach-In organizers in Stockholm? 
Do we have a facilitator for Part 2? 
Do we have a note taker for Part 2? 
Have we selected a thematic group for Part 3 and filled out the survey? 
Have we identified a local broadcast platform for Part 2 that our group will organize in case we don't just have you join the Zoom meeting from Part 1?  
If we can't easily organize this platform have we notified the Stockholm organizers? 
With Respect and Cheers,

Please do not email or PM me for Forum/Board technical support. Instead Post Questions and Concerns Here

Tony Budak

2.        General Check List
To participate in this event locally, and hold a local teach-in, you need these basic elements (see Table 1: Check List). 

First, you need to give us contact details for your webpage if you have not already.  This webpage will be listed here:  https://www.globalteachin.com/locations.  This way if someone local learns about the event, they can be directed back to you.  We need a system so that you or we (in you prefer) can keep track of participants and let them know about future events.

Second, you need to pick the agenda of topics you want to discuss locally and in groups of other locations/countries.  We have sent out a survey on what these topics could be, but you have a lot of latitude in selecting that.

Third, you need to designate facilitators, who lead the discussion with speakers you may have chosen, and note takers (who can note down what was discussed). Try as best as you can to link some of the speakers' points to what could actually be done in your local communities.   Identify concrete goals and strategies.
With Respect and Cheers,

Tony Budak

May 24, 2020, 01:00:56 am #1 Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:03:04 am by Tony Budak
Part 3: Sharing Ideas, Plans and Feedback with Experts
                Part 3 is the vertical and horizontal element. This part lasts 60 minutes only. The idea is to go back to the agenda raised by the speakers in Part 1 with your local groups' ideas about what is applicable, what the barriers to implementation are to the suggestions and your ideas about how they might be overcome.   Share your thoughts about what you think would work or not in your local context.  Explain how you think change might happen or not happen.  Share your ideas about how to build interest and awareness.
                Part 3 breaks up the network of 25 of so localities into distinct parts.  We will have perhaps 5 or 6 such groups, i.e. a Spanish group, an Italian group, and then three or four thematic groups. The themes will be based on the answers to the survey we sent out. If we don't get answers, then we will assign you to a thematic group.

The way this works is that each local teach-in explains what was discussed during Part 2 in their group.  They raise questions about what specific organizing opportunities and challenges they identified related to what was discussed in Parts 1 and Parts 2.

The persons answering these questions will be one to three facilitating experts.  These experts will include the speakers in Parts 1 and 2 and other persons we hope to recruit.  Remember, even though we have only one hour for this discussion, these questions can be used to design future Global Teach-Ins, podcasts and workshops.

The platform for Part 3 will most likely be a series of Zoom meetings, i.e. as many Zoom meetings as we have thematic groups. The list of these meetings will have to be distributed to all the local facilitators.
With Respect and Cheers,